This is an easy, 2.6km walk taking in locations of heritage value in Wynnum.
Safe, level scenic walk around Wynnum.
Formerly Wynnum Central School, the building opened in 1896 and was refurbished as the Wynnum Community Centre in 2015.
This building opened in 1923 and functioned as the Post Office until 1995.
This small timber church was opened in 1905. It was designed by architects Eaton and Bates and is made of Queensland hardwood and pine in a Federation Carpenter Gothic Style.
This buidling was designed by architect Robin Dods and opened in 1915.
Formerly the Wynnum School of Arts and library, this building was opened in 1913.
This wading pool was built by Relief workers during the depression in 1932 and was upgraded and added to the Heritage Register in 1998.
Initially a 360m timber jetty built in 1884, it has been upgraded over the years and is now made of stone. The Quandamooka Art Project on the Jetty opened in 2005.
This sandstone drinking fountain was unveiled in July 1934 as a memorial to Walter Henry Barnes, State Treasurer and member for Wynnum until his death in 1933.
This theatre and the Imperial theatre were situated on the Esplanade between Florence and Charlotte Streets.
Formerly located on Bay Terrace, between Charlotte & Florence Streets, this building was opened in 1901 and was relocated to Pullenvale in 1986.
The Waterloo Bay Hotel was built in 1889 by local stonemason George Gibbs who ran the hotel for the next three years.
Lord Kitchener visited Wynnum, specifically Port Lytton in 1910. He took a salute near this site, where the memorial was erected. The memorial was a timber pillar, but is now stone.
This is the site of the Star Picture Pavilion, which was a popular cinema burned down in 1959, killing two local firemen.