Starting at the Albanian Australian Islamic Society Mosque in Carlton North we will walk over to Church of All Nations, followed by the East Melbourne Hebrew Congregation then across to St Peters Eastern Hill Church / Community Hall where tea & refreshments will be provided. Beginning with a prayer of peace & reflections we will then learn about some history & traditions of each place we visit.
1. Albanian Australian Islamic Society Mosque: 765 Drummond St., Carlton North www.aais.org.au
2. Church of All Nations: 180 Palmerston St, Carlton http://carlton-uca.org/news/
3. IMAX Theatre: Rathdowne St, Carlton www.imaxmelbourne.com.au
4. Melbourne Museum: 11 Nicholson St, Carlton http://museumvictoria.com.au/melbournemuseum/
5. Royal Exhibition Building: 9 Nicholson St, Carlton http://museumvictoria.com.au/reb
6. East Melbourne Hebrew Congregation Synagogue: 488 Albert street, East Melbourne www.melbournecitysynagogue.com/
7. St Peters Eastern Hill Anglican Church / Community Hall: 15 Gisborne Street, East Melbourne
The Albanian Muslim community formed the Albanian Australian Islamic Society in 1963 to preserve culture & identity and promote mutual understanding, harmony and cooperation within the local community
The Church of All Nations (CAN) is a Uniting Church in Australia named in the 1960s. Sunday service was translated in 5 or 6 different languages, with interpreter booths & headsets in every seat.
For over 150 years ago, East Melbourne Synagogue has played a vital part in the life of Melbourne Jewry with many wedding, barmitzvahs conducted there.
St Peter's Eastern Hill is an historic heritage listed church dating from the mid 1840s. It houses many fine artworks, including 19th century stained glass.