Start at Water Tower (cnr 10th Street & Orange Ave, Mildura.
There is no shortage of parking in this area but there is a car park in Orange Avenue, between Ninth and Tenth Streets should you require it. This walk is relatively short and will take you past some of Mildura’s older streets and homes.
The Water Tower is one of a few peppered around the district. Built in 1957, the tower provides water pressure for thousands of homes across the urban area and has the capacity to store 2.7 megalitres
The building is now the Guide Hall, but originally was home to the Seventh Day Adventists, and following that the Lutheran Church. The Church outgrew the site in 1966 when two congregations merged.
Built 1891 and believed to be designed by D.T. Edmunds who supervised construction of Rio Vista. Valetta is on the corner of Henderson Place and two pillars at its entrance mark the little street.
Opened on September 13, 1890 with 300 eager students, despite the building not yet being complete. A year later, once all works were finished, Mildura Primary was official opened.
Built 1891 for John Proudfoot who owned a produce store in Mildura. This fine example of a late Victorian brick house was later the Presbyterian Manse for many years, before moving into private hands.
There are still a number of attractive homes in this street but sadly many have been lost.
Few streets in Mildura have retained their identity as well as Lemon Ave. This area was the tradesmen’s class and 3 of the houses along Lemon Avenue predate 1900 and another 14 are pre World War I
A good example of the simple Edwardian Style. Currently a backpackers’ hostel, but its original owner was A.C Pugsley, who commissioned the home in 1902.
Originally started down by the river, Kathleen Kelly Kindergarten was founded by Kathleen Kelly (a member of the Bowring family) as a free kindergarten for children.
The ‘Setts’ as it’s commonly referred to, has been on this site since 1893. A prominent club until 1993, the 'Setts' is now a modern office space, popular bar, restaurant and function centre .
Original Methodist Parsonage and was designed by William Sheridan and built in 1892. It’s an unusual example of a Tudoresque Victorian brick villa.